For information only, successful brewers will be sent instructions to sign and return.
Only brewers with SALSA + Beer or above are permitted to supply Mitchells & Butlers.
This is a consignment stock model and the supplier remains ownership of the stock throughout the logistics network and in depot. Stock will change ownership once delivered to an outlet.
The Beer Company will arrange all stock collections and will invoice the supplier £60 per pallet.
To tender for M&B, create your product account and submit your beers. No more than 6 products per brewer.
The processes for supply have changed from 2021 and the main details are below.
- The Beer Company will arrange the collection of all pallets to ensure consolidation to DHL.
- Suppliers will be invoiced £60 per pallet for collections, this will be set off against invoices due.
- The supplier will be sent delivery/collection requests with all depot and booking in details when new stock is requested. Orders are placed Day 1 for collection Day 2.
- Orders must be acknowledged within 2 hours back to Mandb@thebeercompany.co.uk to enable our team to confirm back to DHL and arrange collections.
- The Beer Company will take responsibility for any issues caused by our haulier or DHL and will cover the cost of any redeliveries for these instances.
- The Beer Company will not cover the cost of any logistics issues caused by the supplier and redeliveries caused by supplier issues will remain at a cost of £60 per pallet.
- Euro pallets must be used.
- Ullages are reported once they have been checked by DHL.
- There are 2 types of ullage
- Stock Ullage – Issue with a container, cannot be delivered to any outlet leaking containers or label issues
- Trade Ullage – Ullages that have been returned by pubs, these are checked by Tradeteam to ensure that no more than 3g has been used
- Ullages will be reported to suppliers as soon as notified by DHL.
- Each week, suppliers will be sent a Purchase Order which will be for the previous sales to outlets.
- Suppliers invoice The Beer Company on receipt of the PO, all invoices must match the PO.
- Credit note amounts for ullages to The Beer Company may be automatically set off against payments.
- For suppliers using Kegstar containers, please ensure you choose to attach labels to the container and not use cardboard neck labels as these regularly fall off or get wet and result in stock ullages.
Best Before Dates
- All keg products must be delivered with minimum 6 months shelf life.
- All cask beers must be delivered with minimum 42 days shelf life.
- The following charges may be applied for service issues
|Issue Fee Reason|
|Cannot Supply £50 fee each week We lose sales|
(when within forecast)
Next Day delivery £15 per pallet Haulier Charge
Failed Collection £35.00 per pallet Haulier Charge
|These charges may be set off against supplier invoices|
- Service issues are monitored and logged and brewers that do not meet the service requirements when listed with The Beer Company will not be listed again for a minimum of 1 year.
- To reduce postage costs, M&B will order the cask/keg badges for each brewer direct from Colorscan. Brewers will be sent invoices direct for production.
- Suppliers will need to ensure that Colorscan have up to date artwork.
- Keg Beer Listings
- Castle listings will require round t-bar images
- Nicholsons listings will require oval t-bar images
- Suppliers must ensure due diligence had been taken to ensure all imagery is appropriate and legal.
- Do not arrange any promotional activity direct with outlets, unless agreed with procurement team as these activities can result in a cost to your business with no commercial benefit.
- These instructions with more account information, beer listing details and forecasts will be sent to all successful brewers
Good Luck with your tenders